Key Tips About Rubbish & Recycling
Please note that in an effort to strive for the best customer service for our residents, complaints or concerns are best filed with the City of Taylor, if possible. Therefore, please use one or both of the first two options listed below. That way, we are able to track information and serve you better.
Other Rubbish & Compost Program Tips
- Actual rubbish pickup can occur at any time during your scheduled day.
- Branches that do not fit in cans or yard waste bags must be tied and bundled in 4-foot lengths of less than 50 pounds.
- Compost must be placed in rubbish cans with a compost sticker or in paper yard waste bags.
- Compost must be separated from household rubbish and placed in the proper containers.
- Compost pickup is scheduled from March through mid-December (depending on the weather). It will not be picked up from January through February.
- The following items will not be accepted curbside at any time: whole shrubs, tree stumps, sod, dirt, rocks, building materials, concrete, landscape bricks, tires, car parts, shingles, tires, hazardous materials, and electronics.
- Free compost stickers are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Customer Service or the Department of Public Works building.
- Never place your carts in the street.
- No compost placed in plastic bags will be accepted!
- Refrigeration bearing items (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, etc.) will be accepted at curbside. Residents can call 1-855-927-8365 .
- Remember, improper placement of rubbish can result in a violation and possible fine.
- Rubbish may be placed on the easement in front of your address for pickup no earlier than 6 p.m. the night before your regular pickup day.
- Rubbish must be bagged before being placed into the cart.
- The Taylor Hills Transfer Station and Compost Center is located at 16300 Racho, south of Eureka. It is open from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- There is no parking allowed on the street on your rubbish collection day.
- Recycling is every week.
- Bulk items such as mattresses, furniture, carpet (rolled in 4-foot sections) and appliances will be picked up at the curb.
- Large amounts of household items (move-out) should be called in to 1-855-927-8365 .